The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has released the new update for the NFPA 70E regulations. The 2012 version includes some significant changes from the previous version (2009). Some of the items of note include:
- Arc Flash vs. Flame Resistent Clothing
- Removal of the 2* category for PPE
- Huge expansion of the appendices and supplemental information
- Established a 3 year re-training requirement
- Updates of work permit and hazard charts/tables
- New labeling requirements
- Much more
For more information you should obtain your own copy of the 2012 NFPA 70E regs and the handbook. Also, check out the NFPA blog for interesting articles on fire safety and code requirements.
In case you have not seen the video yet, I would like to repost the video created by Kelly Johnson whose husband was involved in an electrical accident. Donnie’s Accident. I hope you find inspiration from this as I did.